Re: Open air policy

To: MARTIN_BARKEL@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Open air policy
From: harris_simmons@juno.com (Charles A Harris)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 10:41:45 -0600
Martin,
Most of us here in Texas rarely take our tops(hoods) with us unless the
trip is an overnighter during a period of inclimate weather.  I do
normaly have my sidescreens on for long trips.  This is not done to see
the reactions of other drivers but rather to enjoy Matilda.  Besides if
you carry the top it cuts down on the ammount of available space in our
adequate storage area( Jerry Wilburn and Bob Nogueria I realize can
travel cross country with only a spare fan belt, two screwdrivers, an
adjustable wrench and a hammer, but I carry many spares and a few hundred
pounds of tools).  A top if you think about it is just another article of
clothing thus can be replaced by a wadable, hooded and simi-water
resistance jacket.  Besides, Jerry's top is attatched to his car and I
would have to dig around in my garage for an hour or so to find mine.
Nogueria will now comment on a garage which resembles Fibber McGee's
closet.  Question is, why do you carry the top with you?
Chuck Harris
Friend of B1139