Re: Open air policy

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Open air policy
From: "Michael D. Miles, PE" <mdmiles@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 13:09:10 -0800
>>Which made me wonder, what do other Mog owners have regarding a top up/down
>>policy.  For  roadsters I've owned it has always been open air if it isn't
>>raining hard or temp is above 30 F or so.

We do actually use the hood for a couple of functions:
  1) During freeway transit stages - it seriously cuts the wind for the
kids in the back (4 seater) but the drawback is, it gets LOUD with the
drumming/flapping at 70+.  Alternately, when only one is back there, they
crawl under the tonneau.
  2) During field meets that offer no other protection from the
precipitation, sitting inside the car and taking a nap is pretty cozy.  It
can even be a little romantic with a cup of coffee and some snacks.
  3) It becomes a constant source of amusement to Miata owners during the
downpour when all they have to do is reach back and pull theirs over their
head.
  4) During sunny field meets when EVERYONE has the hood down, the 4 seater
looks more rakish (IMHO) with the hood up.

62 & 68 +4, 4 Seaters

"Nice Guys don't finish Nice!"
Michael D. Miles, PE  Consulting Design Engineer
(503) 292-1234, FAX: (503) 292-1105, email: mdmiles@teleport.com