Re: Open air policy

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Open air policy
From: Phil Fisher <pcfisher@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 11:38:56 -0800
The subject of hoods (tops to some people) on Morgans is pretty cut and dry
to my wife and I.  We became hardcore hoodless fans during a leg of Morgans
over America in 1990, where an 8 hour run through Minnesota (aka
Minnesoaka) produced about 5 inches of rain.  We quickly discovered that in
the 4-seater we actually got more wet with the hood and side curtains up
than without.  That was the last time we have attempted to put the hood up
(or side curtains for that matter).

We have done a lot of sailing, including hard-core racing, so find that our
foulies (and even the newer goretex hiking gear) can keep you dry, warm and
comfortable with appropriate layering.  Top off with a fur lined leather
helmet and the only thing needed are windscreen wipers for your sunglasses
- and the inside of the windscreen.

Our Plus 8 has a virgin set of side screens and hood - used only for
councourses!

Phil & Elaine Fisher
70 4/4 4-Seater
92 Plus 8