Re: Auction Results

To: alevisen@gdhscats.org, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Auction Results
From: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 09:08:02 -0500
Arlo, thanks for your reply. I am well aquainted with the market dynamics
of collectible autos, particularly as they are manifested in the auction
scene. You do us all a good service by reporting your observations and
information gleaned from keeping abreast of the market.

Those who expend vast sums (over?)restoring their concours jewels are to be
commended for their dedication to creating objects of beauty that preserve
an ideal rarely seen in car leaving a factory.

My point of view is that for me, the real pleasure of owning and caring for
an old car is in using it, not just looking at it. IMHO there are too many
"Trailer Queens" out there and not enough "Drivers". The public rarely gets
to see the queens, and the drivers are too few and far between. (Anyone
referring to my Mog as trailer trash will be summarily dealt with. It has
only been on a trailer twice.)

I'm guilty of using my Mog only for short trips, as it's just too tiring on
the long ones, so for those I take a superb driving modern car with climate
and cruise controls. I do use the Mog a lot, as long as the salt's off the
roads, even commuting to downtown Boston.

Regards.

Jerry Murphy