VS: folding windshield

To: <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: VS: folding windshield
From: "Bjørn Schage" <schage@online.no>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:32:22 +0100
Hi Will.

I have the folding windscreen kit on both my Morgans ( -62 +4 4-str. & -69
+8) with the Brooklands. They look great, but you must beware that the body
"tapers" slightly from the scuttle forward. This means that the window is a
very tight fit between the brackets when its folded.
This might have been corrected on new brackets.

I've corrected it by inserting a little piece of tire rubber inside the
blind nut that is holding the frame to the bracket. Then I can't tighten it
to much and the bracket can flex to give room for the window to fold. I have
also used a little grease on the inside of the bracket. It doesn't look too
clean, but it makes the window far easier to fold. (I'm on my third  window
pane)

Do anyone have similar (or other) experiences with the fold down kit?

Happy Morganeering

Bjørn