Re: VS: folding windshield

To: FPS3 <FPS3@aol.com>
Subject: Re: VS: folding windshield
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 10:49:44 -0500
At 10:27 AM 3/18/98 EST, Fred Sisson wrote:

>Bob's point on the highth of the Rutter unit is right-on.
>The folded windscreen was always right in line with my eyes so I did not
enjoy
>the folded screen as much as I thought I would. Folded, the windscreen was
>about halfway up through the brooklands screen. Instead I became real good at
>simply removing the windshied alltogether. I could take it off about as fast
>as I could fold it...
>The '55 original folding screen is much lower to the body. The problem with
>retrofiting though is that the body bracket is different,,,,

Hmmm.  That's an important point.  As I recollect, my frame is bolted to
the body side mounts by four or six hex head bolts.  It'd take about five
mins. to remove it, I recon.  The next question would be the mounting of
the brooklands.  Does anyone out there have the brooklands screen mounted
on their scuttle (is that the right word?)???  How much space is needed to
mount the posts for the brooklands?  Isn't the brooklands glass attached to
posts with wing nuts?  Can the glass be removed when the full windshield is
up?

Or, am I thinking about this too much?  :-/  Probably what I need most is
just a great afternoon drive on a warm/dry/sunny day.  Right.  When will
that ever come?

Will 'cabin fever' Zehring