Re: VS: folding windshield

To: joe@nhms.net, zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU
Subject: Re: VS: folding windshield
From: FPS3 <FPS3@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 15:12:41 EST
Phil got the idea for a cut windscreen from my car. I got the idea from a
Dusenberg. Very tasty looking. I made mine from old Mog windscreen that was in
a car that burned and the top was twisted beyond repair. Early TR's used a
channel that is identical to the morgan (or damn close) and might be a source
for materials to make one. I used aluminium for the uprights- permanently
fastened to screen- just remove four bolts to replace. I also used slightly
tinted glass & made some super-short wipers, just for grins.
  It did work a lot better than the Aeroscreens as far as wind.

& Joe..... my "bonnet" covers the engine- has no snaps! Now... I have heard
that there is a weird tonneau that snaps to the windscreen and you actualy
drive with your head UNDER the tonneau... What'll they think of next...

Fred Sison