Re: Specs. please?

To: "Morgans" <morgans@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Specs. please?
From: "F Kuzyk" <fkuzyk@cgocable.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 23:51:29 -0400
Willie,
A good assessment. While Lord Fisher was the proponent for "Fear God and
Dread Nought", it was Vittorio Cuniiberti who came up with the theory for
all-big-gun battleships. The US BBs of the Iowa class certainly had little
resemblance to the dreadnoughts of Fisher's era, especially in their guise
as manifold anti-aircraft platforms. Battlewagons such as Bismarck & Yamato
carried the design to it's zenith, perhaps. All proved to be vulnerable to
air power. Fisher would have wept that his grand capital ships would be
replaced by flat-top carriers!

An excellent book on these almost extinct machines of diplomacy & deterence
(and fear) is "Dreadnought" by Richard Hough.

While some on this list were tinkering with Morgans 20 odd years ago, I was
working on the restoration of a Korean war era McDonnell "Banshee" navy jet
fighter. In some respects a Morgan is more difficult.

Cheers,
Fred Kuzyk (long, long ago airman - Canadian Armed Forces)
MSCCC Webmaster
Visit the Morgan Sports Car Club of Canada Web site at:
http://members.xoom.com/msccc/

For info on cigars, local cigar clubs & events, etc; visit my other web site
Holy Smokes
http://members.xoom.com/holysmokes/