Re: Specs. please?

To: <Dave.Vodden@uk.ecitele.com>, "David McCoy" <gdm@po.cwru.edu>
Subject: Re: Specs. please?
From: "Vern Dale-Johnson" <vern_dj@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 21:50:36 -0400
Should always read all the c*&p you guys are putting out before answering.
But of course, 2 Imperial pints to a quart, for 20 oz each.  Good way to
remember the conversion is in an Imperial gallon there are 4 Imperial quarts
or 5 US quarts (40 vs 32 oz as previously erroneously attributed to pints).
Thus to answer the original question, 42 oz (US = Imperial) is, of course,
correct.

Vern DJ

(who learned the difference from his days as a boat jockey when mixing gas
for outboards -- thus bleach jugs were US gallon size vs the good old Sherry
and Vinegar jugs at 40 oz.  We used to sell the "bleach" jug gallons to the
Yanks for the same price we sold the Sherry jug gallons to Canadians --
never got a complaint!)   Gotta get through college any way you can!)