Re: [oletrucks] '49 Passenger Door Handle question

To: Advdesign1@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '49 Passenger Door Handle question
From: ldfinley@juno.com
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 07:40:46 -0600
Hi Bob,

I've noticed the same thing on my '51.  Since mine comes with vent
windows, I always leave the driver side vent unlatched.  It has saved me
several times when I accidently locked the truck up when closing the
door.

I never leave my truck locked when parked outside in the driveway, as
often thieves will cause more damage trying to break into a vehicle
looking for goodies.  I don't have a radio in mine, so there's nothing
inside worth stealing.

To prevent total theft, I unplug the distributor wire at night.  Between
that, and the tricky choke, start-up procedure, most thieves won't have a
dog's chance.

Larry
'51 Deluxe Cab
OKC, OK

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 12:55:50 EST Advdesign1@aol.com writes:

>>  I have a 50 AD, and learned long ago that one must not "lock" the
>> passenger
>>  side door from the inside and shut it.  The key mechanism will not
>unlock
>> the
>>  passenger side door when that happens.  Of course, the side vent
>and some
>>  heavy gauge insulated wire can provide some hours of fun trying to
>snag
>the
>>  driver's side handle and open the door.
>>
>Alternative is to pull out backlight lockstrip and remove glass to
>gain
>access damage free.
>Bob ADler
>oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and
>1959

Why pay more to get Web access?