Re: [oletrucks] '49 Passenger Door Handle question

To: "Jay Duncanson" <jay@duncanson.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '49 Passenger Door Handle question
From: "David Raphael" <draphael@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:59:15 -0800
Jay:

    The pictures of the door latch relays you put up on the web were
helpful.  From what I can tell -- mainly from pictures in parts catalogs --
both door relays should look alike.  The relay you mark "B" looks like the
ones pictured in my books.  Two parts catalogs (Jim Carter and LMC Trucks)
offer separate left and right door relays for 47-54 AD trucks for between
$26 and $28 each.  A Brothers catalog I have shows one part number for
either right or left relay for $27.  Looks to me like someone replaced one
of your original door relays in your truck with the wrong part (relay "A" in
the pictures), which I think also is the one that doesn't work right.  Hope
this helps.

Dave  '49  3100  235  3window
Portland, Oregon
draphael@teleport.com