Re: [oletrucks] young guys

To: <LandBBall@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] young guys
From: "Tom Warner" <twwood@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 07:27:19 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <LandBBall@aol.com>
To: <MPHUDAK@aol.com>; <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 1:20 AM

> My 58 short Fleetside was built the same year I got my drivers license, at
16.
I drove it to Florida 14 years ago with stock susp (rebuilt) and 350/granny
4spd.
It now has a 79 Z28 subframe, 4link 9" /disc brakes, 350/350, the whole
Maryanne
(Wifes Name).
But then, I've been doing this from the start, when I was 15 and paid $60
for a 1936
coupe. Before the young guys ooh and ahh too much , remember that we only
made
$1/hour, and when you were building a hot-rod, necessity, was the mother of
invention.
I have a lot of respect for the restorers because I learned a long time ago
that it was usually
faster to modify or replace the original parts with newer more efficient
parts, and often
cheaper. Also, along with the skills involved , a high degree of patience is
required in restoration.
Tom Warner
twwood@bellsouth.net