Re: [oletrucks] 3 point Seat belts

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 3 point Seat belts
From: tim <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:29:20 -0700 (MST)
On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Blaine & Maggie Dumkee wrote:
> Has anyone installed a new style seat with shoulder belts as part of the
> seat?
>
> If so do you need to re-enforce the floor? I was thinking that in the event
> of an accident there would be a lot of force placed on the seat where it
> mounts to the floor, and therefore would require re-enforcement.

The Juliano's seatbelts come with backing plates that can either be bolted
or welded under the floor.  The seat belts bolt to the plates, and in the
event of a collision, the backing plates distribute the force from the
seat belts over a couple of square inches of reinforced steel.

Tim Lloyd, lloyd@lasp.colorado.edu
"Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been
sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful,
rebellious, and immature." -- Tom Robbins
"The eyes of the world now look into space, to the moon and to the
planets beyond, and we have vowed that we shall not see it governed
by a hostile flag of conquest, but by a banner of freedom and peace."
-- John F. Kennedy