RE: [oletrucks] 3 point Seat belts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 3 point Seat belts
From: "Angus McLeod" <angus_mcleod@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:03:17 -0500 (EST)
I have been giving this some thought too, Bill. I don't want to cut the cab,
and a full cage can actually be dangerous in its own right (clock yourself on
it).
I have thought I would mount a bar that looped up behind -- but not above --
the seat. I would then run a bar down the inside -- back to front -- tying into
the floor at the base of the firewall and the bar behind the seat.
This is crude, but you can see the image here:
http://homepage.mac.com/thenorseman/oltrucks/lounge/images/cage.jpg
The red lines represent the bars (sans the tank) and the white arrows suggest
seatbelt anchor points.
Something else: people out here have installed harnesses that lack DOT
approval.  This has landed some unfortunate folks with a ticket.
Drew  www.oltrucks.com--- On Tue 10/29, Bill Broadway &lt;
From: Bill Broadway [mailto: bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com]To:
oletrucks@autox.team.netDate: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:31:51 -0600Subject: RE:
[oletrucks] 3 point Seat beltsNot sure what I will do, but I've had thoughts of
putting 5 point racingharnesses in mine since its Pro Street. I know in the
real world, theshoulder straps should be located a pretty good ways back from
the seatwhich would mean routing them through the cab and into the
bed.Something I'm not willing to do. I figured mounting them to the floorbehind
the seats would require some more research as it could bedangerous. I really
just don't know right now. Just like I know I don'twant a full roll cage, but
had toyed with the idea of having a small barput in for the overall
theme.Anyways, in the end if I don't go that route, I may check into the 3point
harnesses that have been discuss here. Billoletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM
trucks built between 1941 and 1959

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com