Re: [oletrucks] 3 point Seat belts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 3 point Seat belts
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 19:52:31 -0600
This is not a good idea.  If you get in a crash, the cab can break
away from the frame and the seat belt will cut you in half if it
tries to go with the frame and you try to go with the cab...

On the TF/s, seat belts were a dealer installed option, covered in
the Accessory Installation Manual.  They tied to reenforcing plates
under the rib in the cab floor behind the seat.

Bruce K
57 3200

At Tuesday, 29 October 2002, you wrote:

>Someone had mentioned (way back) that they went right to the frame with
>their belt anchors.  I don't know how you would pass them outside
the cab &
>keep them, or the cab, sealed.  Maybe the source user is still on
the list &
>can comment.
>
>Regards,
>Doug Pewterbaugh