Re: Air Compressor

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Air Compressor
From: Steve Hammatt <shammatt@sos.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 10:18:55 -0800
Had a birthday yesterday and my wife got
me a new air compressor.  She was more than
a bit surprised when we went to Grainger with
the pickup and she had a chance to see this
"monster" sized unit.  I think she was thinking
of something about the size of a bread box?? who
knows. <G>

I ended up with a 125psi max, 3.1hp (true) 6.0hp
(air compressor rated horsepower) with 60 gal
tank.  It is the Dayton brand, made in the USA
including the cast iron 2 cyl, single stage pump.
It cost $425.00.  About the same as the equivalent
unit in the warehouse building centers, except they
had aluminum castings for the pump and a 50/50 duty
cycle.  the unit I bought has a 65/35 duty cycle.

Haven't hooked it up yet, but will do so soon.

Steve