Re: Air Compressor

To: TR4guyinVA@aol.com, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Air Compressor
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 97 07:09:28 EST
On Mar 3,  8:11pm, TR4guyinVA@aol.com wrote:
> Somebody please tell me that despite my compressor's over inflated big 5 HP
> rating, that such a compressor with a 30 gallon tank can work with such
> items . . . if only on a very short and interrupted basis.

Yup, of course it'll work to do those things, but you'll have to
periodically wait for it to catch up.  For various reasons, we're
running the big bead blasting cabinet off a little contractors
air compressor that's got something like a 5 gallon tank and a
1 hp motor.  It works, but its not speedy...

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm