Re: Cars and Culture (No Real LBC Content)

To: Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls@ado13.com>, Herb_Goede@amsinc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cars and Culture (No Real LBC Content)
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 07:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well....no real argument here (2 LBC's in the garage),
but a little self defense - The 2 japanese cars I've
owned were not Japanese design.  According to Arnie
Johnson, president of Lotus Cars USA, my 1st gen MR2
was the Lotus M100, taken from Lotus by Toyota when
Toyota owned a chunk of them in the '80s.  And the
Miata was in fact designed in a studio with a Spitfire
and an Elan in the shop for inspiration, but it was
done in California, with an independent design done in
parallel in Japan. The California design won, and went
to market with little change.

That said, I will never own a japanese car again
(discounting wife's people haulers - I have no say in
her cars :-(  .