Marilyn Manson, Backstreet Boys, etc. (Re: Cars and Culture (No Real LB

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Marilyn Manson, Backstreet Boys, etc. (Re: Cars and Culture (No Real LBC Content))
From: andi payn <payn@null.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:46:33 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Brad Fornal:
>I hang my head
>saying this but my daughter listens to The Backstreet Boys and they are
>not to bad either.

Hey, I own the Spice Girls "Wannabe" single. With a bit of work, it mixes
in great with Eon's techno classic "The Spice Must Flow." Don't be ashamed
of anything you listen to.

>but it is getting harder to find anything that
>doesn't assault the ears (Marylin Manson??PLEASE)

Can anyone find any difference between Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper?
Same stage presence, same singing style (but less range), female name,
similar makeup, and for all the attempts to label him as "goth" or
"industrial" influenced there's not even that much different between
Marilyn's music and Alice's.

One of my favorite scenes in the (current) movie Sugar Town is the scene
where John Taylor is arguing with his Mansonite son "Nerve" about the music
he's working on, and John brings up this point.