Re: Upholsterers

To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Upholsterers
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 16:01:46 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, vping@optonline.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bryan,
No problem. Actually I understood your original message and I was just trying
to be
funny.
I agree that every vendor can make mistakes and the customer has to be a little
understanding.

It's just that there are only two suppliers that get under my skin and you
happened
to mention both of them in one post! And for that you deserve recognition. :-)

Some time ago, on the Healey List I believe, that famous CT supplier's name was
discussed. Few people shared any enthusiasm for their "service".

I personally believe that any experienced upholsterer can make interiors for
Spridgets. I suggest that you physically bring the car to the upholsterer so
that
he/she can fit everything to your particular car. Otherwise you get a once size
fits
all, like your carpet dilemma.

When I did the "pink car" I brought it to an upholsterer that had done numerous
Healeys. The interior looks better than factory (not hard) and the carpet is fit
better than any Spridget I have yet to see. And the ironic part is that his
charges
were comparable to the cost of buying seat covers from one of the well-known
suppliers.

Jay Fishbein
Near Canada, but Not So Near.