re-Upholsterers

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: re-Upholsterers
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 01:57:54 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/13/99 6:22:47 AM, JustBrits writes:

<<
<< The backing for the quarter
 panels are a cardboard and we have been replacing those with door skin.

Huh?? >>

The vinyl on the interior panels is mounted on a cardboard material.  If you
are doing your own upholstery then you can get wood door skin's from lumber
yards.  These are 1/16 to 1/8 inch thick and come in standard door sizes.
They are normally used for re-facing  wooden doors.  Take the cardboard
panels and use them as a templets to mark and cut the door skins.  We like
the door skins because they do not bend as easy, 1/8 inch staples hold well
and it is easier to apply contact cement to hold the fabrics in place.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor) in progress