Re: engine health

To: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine health
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 19:03:56 -0400
She came to me with a thin flange 1275 that is currently a 1293 ( .020+ ).
It was souped up by Oselli ( which seems to have mixed reviews ) in '75.
The head is ported with larger valves, the crank is the en40, parts are
lightened and balanced, incl the flywheel, it has a 731 cam ( also mixed
reviews.  I would like to put a kent 276 in. ) and the pistons and dist. are
Cooper S.

The builder says that the head is repairable, but he sends it off, and
didn't know the price offhand, the head also needs seats ( unleaded gas has
taken its toll, so I'm told ) and guides and probably more.  There was an
aluminum head on the shelf that belongs to another MG.  Just for my
edification, I lifted up one end of it.  Compared to my head this thing
seems to be made of helium.

I pulled the engine a couple of years ago and in the meantime, she has been
on the road with a stock 1275 from Philly, that Larry M. found and chuck
brought up.

Robert D.