FW: Re: engine health

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: Re: engine health
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:59:1 -0700
----- Original Message -----

From Mike
Maclean

To: Larry   Sandi Miller ;Spridget

Sent: 8/24/03 9:54:48 PM

Subject: Re: engine health

I will be picking up a steel head from APT tomorrow.  It is costing me
900 bucks, but 100 of that is for the core that David sold me.  The package
includes Rimflo valves, double springs, keepers, seals etc.  The valves and
seats were cut with 3 faces.  Phosphor bronze valve guides reamed to
critical tolerances with top hat style seals on the intake and
standard seals on the exhaust. The combustion chambers were ground and
polished to produce a 9:1 CR.  The block was decked so the pistons were
within 5 thou of the top of the block at TDC.  David machined the head to
produce the correct CR.  While he was working on it, he says he got
confused about what I had asked for and went ahead and ground the ports for
more
air flow.  He says I am getting a $1500 head for $900!  WOO HOO!
Shooting for 90 horses!  That ought to be a kick in the butt of the
Bugeye!

Mike MacLean

60 Sprite

56 BN2