Re: engine health

To: "Spridget" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine health
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 19:52:29 -0700
Having had both, my ass in the seat tells me that $ for $ the aluminum head
out performs the steel version.

That is, for the price of an aluminum head the large percentage of us cannot
build a steel head that will perform better.

David Anton might but he would have to throw in his work for free to keep
the cost down if he were to sell it.

Most of us could not do enough of the work ourself or the quality of the
work necessary to make it happen.

The aluminum head performs right out of the box.

My guess is that if you were to buy the steel head on the open market you
will have to pay $1300 to get one that will out perform the aluminum head.

BTW Cap'n Bob my aluminum (Pierce) head uses the same plug as the steel
head.

Larry Miller