Re: engine health

To: PilotRob@webtv.net (Robert E. Shlafer)
Subject: Re: engine health
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 19:25:55 -0700
Cc: RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca (Robert Duquette), Spridgets@autox.team.net (Spridgets)
Hey Cap'n,

I don't know where you get your numbers from to make this claim, but
I have recently heard from an extremely knowledgeable and well known
source that the aluminum head does NOT flow as good as a stock cast
iron head and that if the extra money spent on the aluminum head
invested in even mild porting of a stock head with Rimflow valves
would perform much better. I only recently heard this and was
surprised myself, but the credibility of this individual I think is
without question. If you have some factual data to back up your
claim, I'd like to hear about it.

Gerard