Re: New Lister

To: Christina Liebel <kristi74midget@comcast.net>, Kevin Valentine <kevin@valentinephoto.net>, List Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Lister
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 02:22:55 -0700 (PDT)
Kristi

I had the same problem with my 76. I replaced the switch with new. Developed
the same problem within 2 weeks. Upon investigation I found that the little
screw that holds the plastic switch in place was allowing it (plastic switch)
to move just a bit. This was enough to cause binding, so the spring return from
"Start" to "ON" would not return fully. I recentered the plastic switch,
installed the little screw and made sure it was tightened to prevent movement.
I haven't had a problem since.

Brent
71 Midget
2 - 72 Midgets

Christina Liebel <kristi74midget@comcast.net> wrote:
Hi Kevin,
The problem with the ignition is not with the key slot that turns just
fine now. It is with the plastic switch that connects the wires. We
can get it started with no major problems but we have to pull it back a
little so that it does not keep trying to start. Now we have two other
problems. Our fuel gauge does not work and our wipers are having
problems. We took apart the wiper motor and it works. It seems to be
a problem with the cable that runs behind the dash. It seems to be
sticking. Any suggestions for the wipers or the fuel gauge? Thanks
for the help the other day it should be inspected by the rally. We
will hopefully see you there.

Kristi and Lambert