Fuel Pumps

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Pumps
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 20 May 96 07:07:13 -0600
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Wrentham has but one stoplight in the entire town.  Guess who came to
     a halt in the exact center of this intersection, and what he was
     driving, and why it stopped.

     Yes, friends, my Victoria British "exact copy but better, with a
     lifetime guarantee" fuel pump is duplicating the problems of the
     original.  The same type that gave Steve Towle fits on our way to the
     Burlington United back in '93. I pounded on the little door a couple
     times, and it came back to life, and I made it home.

     So I am looking for a plain old reliable and maybe even American
     electric pump.  Not too expensive.  The car is mostly stock, so I do
     not need drag racer type flow rates or super high pressures.  It is
     going to go in the normal location, under the little door.   Anyone
     have any recommendations?

     Many years back I bought a "Facet" pump at a yard sale.  This is a
     little cube that looks sort of like a transformer.  There are no model
     numbers or flow rates on it, and I see in my Summit catalog that Facet
     now has several models.  Are these things any good?

     Stu Brennan