Re: Fuel Pumps

To: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Fuel Pumps
From: Kevin Meek <kevnmeek@netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 07:46:24 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 20 May 1996 STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com wrote:

>      Many years back I bought a "Facet" pump at a yard sale.  This is a
>      little cube that looks sort of like a transformer.  There are no model
>      numbers or flow rates on it, and I see in my Summit catalog that Facet
>      now has several models.  Are these things any good?

This sounds like the pump I have on my car (installed by the
PO).  I've never had any problem with it.  I used a similar unit
to replace the recirculating fuel pump on a truck I used to
have, and it worked great (even though it had to pump continously).
As you noted, there are several flow rates available so you might
test yours to make sure it isn't one of the high rate models...
Kevin Meek (kevnmeek@netcom.com)    Sunbeam Tiger B382002202
Santa Cruz, California            Sunbeam Alpine SI B9011324