Re: Fuel Pumps

To: kevnmeek@netcom.com (Kevin Meek)
Subject: Re: Fuel Pumps
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 96 8:38:08 PDT
> On Mon, 20 May 1996 STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com wrote:
>
> >      Many years back I bought a "Facet" pump at a yard sale.  This is a
> >      little cube that looks sort of like a transformer.  There are no model
> >      numbers or flow rates on it, and I see in my Summit catalog that Facet
> >      now has several models.  Are these things any good?
>
> As you noted, there are several flow rates available so you might
> test yours to make sure it isn't one of the high rate models...
> Kevin Meek (kevnmeek@netcom.com)    Sunbeam Tiger B382002202

Since I plan to convert the snake over to an electric pump, I'm also
interested in hearing the experiences and opinions of others on the
list.  I did some research on this a few years ago but never really
came up with a best choice.  My rebuilder a suggested a Mallory pump.

Currently I have the stock mechanical Ford pump which seems adequate for
the 2V 289 Fairlane motor and was okay for the HiPo.  The flow and
pressure rates for this pump are listed in the Ford shop manual and if
anyone is interested I can look them up.  I believe the pressure is 4-5
psi, but I don't recall the flow rate.  On really hot days I do get a
little vapor lock with this pump but I've never had the engine
completely stall or had starting problems.

Roland