Electric fan attachment

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Electric fan attachment
From: "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 17:35:28 -0700
Frank Bonifazi wrote:

"You'll also need to remove the fan blade shroud and some little things
     to thread the plastic attachments through the radiator itself.  I'll
     let you know my results if you like."

Frank,

Dont do it! I originally mounted my electric fan using those "plastic
attachments", and all hell broke loose. I had  one of the ty-wrap type
attachments loosen up and back out toward the mechanical fan mounted on the
water pump. Guess what happened next? The fan got a hold of that thing and
destroyed 3 rows of the radiator. I have since fabricated a new bracket
that bolts to the front side of the radiator using the stock radiator/upper
shroud mounting bolts. If you must use the plastic type, see if you can
thread them in such a way that they are outside the perimeter of the
mechanical fans' swept area. I made the bracket as unobstuctive as possible
in regards to air flow. Make sure you put the shroud back on.

Have Fun

Mike S '66 Mk1a