Re: Electric fan attachment

To: FRANK_BONIFAZI@HP-FtCollins-om4.om.hp.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Electric fan attachment
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 21:23:10 EDT

<<  I know the 260 claimed to use "thin-walled" casting technology. Have
      any of you had a 260 bored? >>
Frank-
I didn't mean to infer that boring a 260 .030 would _neccessarily_ result in
cooling problems. What I meant is that some have told me, that with all
Windsor small blocks, that there is the possibility of core shift (I think
that's what it's called) in the casting process and that if that type of block
is bored, it can develop hot spots which lead to marginal cooling capability.
I don't know this as a fact, only through the experience of others.
Mike Wood
B382002273