RE: Electric fan attachment

To: "Steve Laifman" <laifman@flash.net>,
Subject: RE: Electric fan attachment
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 11:10:03 -0700
FWIW, I took Steve's advice on this radiator set-up last year and have been
VERY happy I did.

As well, when we were heading up to TU in Big Bear we got stuck in some
construction traffic coming up the hill.  While idling for some time the car
remained very cool.  (Noteworthy here is that my mill is bored-out at least
30 over by the fellow who reassembled the car in 1986, running a mild cam
and a too-big Holley four barrel.)  Interestingly enough the gentleman we
were following had an aluminum radiator in his car.  He started puking
coolant while we sat there waiting.  My car never did.  Temp gauge got up to
about 240 before traffic started moving again.  Once at speed, dropped back
down quickly to about 190.

Steve, as usual, my compliments to the rocket scientist!

Now I did notice a bit of a problem with number 8 plug when I got
back.....very oil fouled.  I am hoping it is a cheap manifold gasket that is
the problem, but have not had a chance to check it out as of yet.  If it
aint the problem, I am just gonna keep changing plugs until I have a problem
similar problem with at least three more cylinders.

Regards,

Allan
B9472373