Re: [Tigers] Best Dino Oil for 260/289/302?

To: "Would U. Believe" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best Dino Oil for 260/289/302?
From: Howard gentry <zymmer4@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 07:23:13 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
     I concur with the short 100 mile break in run and then change oil..It is
my experience, as a person who built Auto-Craft VW motors for some years, that
Valvoline oil is the stuff to use. We built many VW motors for sprint
cars..They developed 240 HP out of 2400cc VW engines..Many tests(don't ask)
concluded that Valvoline was the only oil to keep these well developed VW
engines in one piece.  I am also aware that an air cooled VW is a far cry from
a water cooled small block Ford, but, having done SCCA racing with many
different water cooled high output engines, I still would recommend Vavoline
as my oil of choice..The viscosity of the oil would be detirmined by factors
such as bering clearances, load on the berings, pump pressure, RPM range of
the application and the cooling capacity of the system.  I believe that this
applies only to Dino oils as synthetic oils are so different in operating
characteristics that they in no way compare to Dino
 oils.
     zym

The Blues is the only music Original to the United States of America.