Re: [Tigers] Best Dino Oil for 260/289/302?

To: mcdangerous@verizon.net, sganz@pacbell.net, atwittsend@verizon.net,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best Dino Oil for 260/289/302?
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 07:35:23 EDT
Interesting! The local Mercedes dealer uses nothing  but Mobile 0W-40. The
only place I could find that stocked it, believe or not,  was
 Walmart:-)
Mark

In a message dated 7/9/2010 7:30:58 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mcdangerous@verizon.net writes:

>From  old Porsche experience, we found that different  grades of Mobil 1
are
formulated differently.  For example, 0W40 is suitable for the  flat six
because it has the necessary higher zinc content, while other  grades do not
and should not be used.  I guess the bottom line is to  check the zinc
content of the particular grade you're planning to  use.  Probably, you will
find this information on the manufacturer's  website.  Alternatively, check
the open Internet.

Cheers.

On 7/9/10 12:21 AM, "Sandy Ganz"  <sganz@pacbell.net> wrote:

> I think if the Rotella has the  NEW formual or something like that on the
oil
> it
> is the newer  blend. I have been using Rotella synthetic in my diesel as
well
> as
> in the race car (as well as other diesel oils in the race car) with  good
> results. Anything with new low emissions, etc is bad. Brad Penn,  and
others
> make
> oil loaded with additives that are  good.
>
> Sandy

still has