Re: [Tigers] Best Dino Oil for 260/289/302?

To: Thomas Prager <tcprager@hotmail.com>, tigers_United_forum
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best Dino Oil for 260/289/302?
From: David T Johnson <djoh797014@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 08:27:13 -0700 (PDT)
This subject was covered months ago.  Most modern oils
no longer contain the
ZDDP necessary to protect your engine.
Available at parts store and your GM
dealer.
Say thank you EPA for saving my catalyst which I dont have.

The
conclusions were:
(1) add a bottle of ZDDP additive to you oil when changing
(2) use Moboil 1 which still has some ZDP but it is being phased out
(3) use
Shell Rotella oil.  Usually used in deseil engine and still has
     ZDDP in
it. Rotella is an excellent oil to use.  Available at
    Walmart etc

I agree
with using 10W30W for breakin and then switchin to 20W50W

Dave