Re: [Tigers] Best Dino Oil for 260/289/302?

To: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best Dino Oil for 260/289/302?
From: arado7@sbcglobal.net
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 12:26:19 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Fri, 7/9/10, Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
To: mcdangerous@verizon.net, tigers@autox.team.net, Gyroplanes@aol.com
Date: Friday, July 9, 2010, 6:34 PM

I do not use Castrol 30 or 40W  now as I went to their synthetic oil a couple
years back. But I used it in my first two Tigers, which covered from 1972
thru
1984 if memory serves. I always liked the product, for what that is worth. It
is easy to see when it needs changing, no matter the mileage. I strongly
believe that changing your oil regularly is the life of an engine, so if your
cars overheats severely, I would change the oil as I believe the extreme high
temps helps to break the oil down.
TtT

I  have used Mobil1 in my Tiger since I rebuilt the drive train in 1986. I use
20-50 since I don't live in the artic and Tigers run hot.  I change oil
annually or 12K miles. .  The same for my Brit bikes Norton and Triumph.
Gary  B9472283