Re: TR 250 Hood release cable keeps pulling out

To: jay_welch@juno.com
Subject: Re: TR 250 Hood release cable keeps pulling out
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:37:38 -0800
Jay's absolutely  correct!   I installed this very setup on my TR6 and it's
been one of the best improvements I've added to the car.  I do like idea of
using a paint can handle.  At the next availaibe time I will swap out the
old wire that is all bent up.  I always thought of it as a back up but now
it can be my primary hood release especially since my car is right hand
drive.  Duh!

Thanks.

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca
1970 TR6 CP51649

I built the simple hood release described in the link below.  Took about
20 minutes and it works excellent.  I straightened a paint can handle and
measured so that it just gets through into the passenger compartment.  I
terminated it with a small loop  The force needed to open the hood now is
about 25% what it takes to pull the cable.  I just bend over into the car
and pop it open.  I highly recommend it to anyone and kudos to the person
that designed it.