Re: TR 250 Hood release cable keeps pulling out

To: nmoran@freitaslaw.com (Neil Moran)
Subject: Re: TR 250 Hood release cable keeps pulling out
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:42:26 -0800 (PST)
Neil---Most of us have had the fear of the hood release cable not
working some day, and have taken extra measures to back up the original
system. I would suggest that you park next to another TR250/6 an more or
less copy what you see. That's a lot easier than trying to describe what
goes on with print.  There are a couple of items that can be passed on
clearly. One is the need for the outer cable to be 'clipped' to the
'locking unit' mechanism so that only the inner cable moves when pulled
from the cockpit.

The tension placed on the hood pop-up spring needs to be adjusted so
that it does its job with not too much pull on the handle. In my case,
the length of the spring with the hood open is 3-1/8".

The position of the rubber cones also helps put the right amount of
pre-load on the hood. White chalk here can get these lined up.

Dick T.