TR 250 Hood release cable keeps pulling out

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR 250 Hood release cable keeps pulling out
From: Neil Moran <nmoran@freitaslaw.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:41:30 -0800
I am writing to ask for advice on how to install a new bonnet release
cable on my wife's TR250 so it lasts this time.

I think I must have installed the hood (bonnet) release cable
incorrectly last year. Symptom is: Handle and cable pull out about 6
inches and release is barely activated. The engine compartment end of
the release cable is secured to the release unit.

I just ordered new inner/outer cable assembly, as well as new bonnet
release unit (the locking unit on the firewall), and want to install it
right this time. I also ordered the auxiliary "emergency hood release"
cable from Moss, as a backup.

Any "hints from Heloise" would be much appreciated. I sure hate it when
the cable release failed a year ago and I had to remove the headlamps,
the bonnet hinges, and take the entire bonnet off to get the darn thing
open again. I nicked the new paint in the process, too.

Thanks for any help!

Neil Moran
San Rafael, California