Re: Cam bearing bore size

To: dmallin@attglobal.net
Subject: Re: Cam bearing bore size
From: "Shane Ingate" <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 08:39:59 -0500
Don Malling wrote:

>If I shave my TR250 head to 9.5:1 CR would I still be able to use an M62
>or similar supercharger? Your web site hints that the answer is no.

Yeeaahhaaaa!  Finally, a dedicated TR6 drag racer!  You go, Man!

Sorry to have a chuckle at your expense, Don, but to keep this car on the
road for a little longer than a couple of trips to buy milk, a CR of 7 would
be
plenty, and maybe even less to play safe.  Mitch suggested that one could
run as high as 7.75, but this would also mean forged pistons, probably
better rods and fuel injection.

Supercharging is certainly a great thing to do on our engines, but like any
engine
build-up, it requires a healthy motor.  It is not as simple as the JR
supercharger
kit that bolts onto Miatas in 6 hours!

But gawd, think of the sound a blown high-CR straight-6 would make!

Shane Ingate, reading the digest