Re: Cam bearing bore size

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Cam bearing bore size
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 16:08:24 -0800
Dick-your right about the wrench time being about six hours. I bet I can
do it in four now. Allot of the carb linkage & other hook ups are sorted
out now. The way the car sits now it runs fine on 90 or better octane
gas with a normal setting of 12 BTDC & a total advance of 32 degrees
with no detonation. I am using stock pistons with out any problems. As a
matter of fact I'm in the middle of a rebuild |(no fault of the SC ) and
the pistons look perfect except that they have 120,000 miles on them.
The ring land gap is a bit wide but considered normal for the time used.
They will be replaced.
Other than that you wouldn't know it was SC'd until you step on the go
pedal.

Introducing NetZero Long Distance
1st month Free!