Re: Cam bearing bore size

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Cam bearing bore size
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:31:20 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Don Malling wrote:

> Hi Mitch,
>
> Checked out your supercharged TR6 at your site.
>
> Where did you get the Eaton M62 blower and the Vintage Induction Systems
> Manifold? Did all this come in a kit?
>
> I found the Eaton M62 site, but am not finding much on Vintage Induction
> Systems.
>
> If I shave my TR250 head to 9.5:1 CR would I still be able to use an M62
> or similar supercharger? Your web site hints that the answer is no.

WHoa!

If you're going to add forced induction, you don't want to start with a
H.C. engine. Au contraire! The point of a blower is that _it_ increases
the cylinder pressure. If you start off with 9:1 or more, you will have to
worry about detonation.

> Anyone else out there have suggestions on superchargers for TR6 and
> TR250?

I don't so I have no other "wisdom"  on the topic other than I used to
read Street Rodder.

> Thanks,
>
> Don Malling

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |