RE: Roller rockers continued

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Roller rockers continued
From: "Jim Swarthout" <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 17:23:09 -0500
Mike,

        I have been following along with the current posts regarding
this subject; I have been busy so I haven't been able to respond until
now! You should not have had any decrease in compression gauge reading
what-so-ever!
Rocker arms of a different ratio will NOT! Cause a decrease in the
static compression reading from a gauge. On the contrary, it would be
normal for the reading to be slightly higher!

Listers,

Thanks for all of your responses.  For you additional information the
rockers are the Goodparts 1.55/1 ratio.  My question really related to
the average of 30 PSI loss in compression and yes, with a nearly10/1
compression ratio I used to have from 193 to 204 PSI. I didn't expect
any noticeable difference in power just from the roller aspect of the
rockers but did think that the change in rocker ratio might improve
power slightly.  I believe your responses have answered my question.
Overlap at idle reduces the compression somewhat because of the
increased rocker ratio.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6