RE: Roller rockers continued

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Roller rockers continued
From: "Jim Swarthout" <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 18:26:07 -0500
Walt,

I looked at my sent items. I had touchi spelled correctly the first
time. I used the apostrophe key to add the pronunciation symbol while
typing and MS word automatically corrected it to the proper
representation, as shown in your post. I have no idea why the (e') was
replaced it with an i on this list! Maybe I should not have enabled rich
text; I guess this post will be a test as I will leave it as rich text
as before to see if I can duplicate the problem. I know it seems
ridiculous but I want to know why the text changed!

I have more to add about rockers, although many others may be completely
bored with the subject.

I think my next suggestion may stir a lot of comments!

Jim,

I agree, I suspect the difference in valve timing is negligible.  As you
say, there is probably a lot more variability to the adjustment. I
wonder if
the decrease in cylinder pressure is due to slightly higher  valve lift
allowing more "backflow" into the intake and exhaust passages.  We may
never
know! :-)

Ah, the wonders of fluid dynamics. It's a wonder anyone got a cam shaft
design right before high speed computers. I guess they blew up a lot of
engines.

Walt

ps. by the way, it's "touchi" :)