RE: brake lights not working

To: "'Don Malling'" <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: RE: brake lights not working
From: Dave Murray <murr32@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:01:39 -0600
Don

The problem I see with using a conductive grease is limiting it to the areas
where you want conduction and not coming in contact with areas where you
don't, like connector mounting brackets, etc.  Over time the grease may move
due to vibrations and temperature and cause unintended shorts; with a
non-conductive grease this would not happen.

It would also be possible that the grease was making the contact and not the
connector which could result in premature connection failure, i.e. opens.

Dave