Re: Concours Question

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Concours Question
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:03:39 -0600
 Some concours judges might not know what  things on a particular year car
were actually different from other years. While a judge may recognize some
parts as being triumph, they might not deduct for the wrong parts or recognize
year appropriate parts and give points for that.
 While my car is at present concours modified. I'm sure that past judges
haven't recognized or appreciated to the extent which the mod's were  made to
keep certain parts that are year specific. Little things like vacuum lines,
carbs, distributor, windshield washer bottle and certain stickers which are
only on 69 TR6's. Sometimes the owners know there year car better than the
judges. Yes I could be a great judge for 69 TR6's, but other years would be a
problem.
 In the class of modified the judge may not appreciate the motivating factors
of flavor of the restoration.
 But this is concours modified and pure concours I would have to agree with
Robert, as left the factory. It would have been cheaper for me to do concours
and stay away from modified, but you know what, when it boils down to it the
restoration was done for me and only me and what would make driving my TR6
most enjoyable to me and yet keep the what makes a 1969 TR6 a 1969 TR6, which
in all likelihood only I could appreciate.

OK, I'm done toot'n my own horn, and besides I'm starting to get a little
nervous standing on such a high soapbox......what if I fall and break
something?

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com<mailto:RSH17@msn.com>
View My 1969 TR6 restoration @