Re: Parts Suppliers

To: "robert nanzig" <rnanzig@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Suppliers
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 20:49:42 -0700
Robert wrote:
      I know it's not a popular thing to do but I want to say that I have
had good luck with buying parts from VB.

     I gotta go with Robert on this one. VB has always been prompt and
supplied parts in good working order. The turn around was good and timely. I
have never had a problem with them. Their only downfall is that they are a
big corporate business, deal in British Leyland stuff, and when you  talk to
a clerk who handles the order, it is someone with little or no knowledge
about the cars or cars in general.
     I might add here that I always support Rick Mcleod because he deals
ONLY with Sunbeam stuff and we need to keep guys like him in business, since
they are the bread and butter of Sunbeam owners. I buy from VB when he
doesn't have the parts I need, which does happen since the parts are not
always available when they break on the cars.
     I have bought from Curt and Tiger Tom and I have NEVER, EVER had a
problem.
     One last thing. The Sunbeam community is different from others in that
our primary parts suppliers are all friends. There is no competition at all
that I know of between the suppliers. Even for the used stuff. I know a few
people like myself that sell used parts here and there, and all of them have
a 100% money back guarantee. If you don't like it, tell the person you
bought it from and they will replace it, or give you your money back! who
can complain?
     I have only been ripped off once, and it was my own fault. If someone
ever says to you "At that price don't come back if you are not happy..."
then only a fool will buy it.