Re: Parts Suppliers

To: pLaske@bigfoot.com
Subject: Re: Parts Suppliers
From: CMeinel464@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 10:07:50 EDT
Dear Alpine List:

I'm the vendor that shipped Patrick the parts and before this gets out of
hand I would like to say that if Patrick had a problem with his order he
should have first called or emailed us upon receipt of his parts.  He did
neither, without even contacting us in regard to the wiper shortage or his
false implications that we are selling used parts as new he posted to the
list.  I would think that a customer has the same responsibilities as a
vendor in this regard. Yes, we left the wiper blades oout of the box and will
ship them on Monday. No, the master cylinder is not used, it's a 25 year old
NOS Lockheed unit packed in that funky wax type paper.  Of course he may
return any parts he not happy with.  Patrick, as a courtesy to me and other
vendors you may deal with, call the vendor if you have problems with your
order.

Listers, please see letter send directly to Patrick below.

Patrick,

I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your order.  I would suggest
that if you have a problem with our service or parts, contact us first.  I've
owned Alpines & Tigers for over 30 years and been selling parts for over 25
years.  I'm not in this simply for the money, I love Sunbeams.

In regard to the master cylinder, it's NOS (new old stock) which means its
new, but almost 20 years old.  I would never send a used cylinder without
informing you that it was indeed not new.  The wiper blades must have been
omitted in error.  I'll get those out to you on Monday.

Please next time contact me first, I like to resolve any problems or errors.

Thank you,
Curt
Classic Sunbeam