Re: C4 Vette

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: C4 Vette
From: Adam Popp <raft321@fuse.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 18:59:40 -0400
Paul Foster writes:

 Gee, I guess they should be very happy then. I'll tell all my stock C4
 friends they can get cremed in BSP instead of SS. That should make them
feel _much_ better.

 Is it just me or do other people detect that many SCCA autocrossers are
 stongly in favor of maintaining the status quo instead of growing this
 sport by providing classes for _all_ sports car owners to enjoy?

 Paul Foster

Paul, have u looked at the results at this years nationals? It looks to
me in Super Stock that 5 out of the top 10 were C4 vettes. It's true
that the top C4 vette was 1.8 seconds back, but maybe that wasn't the C4
's fault, maybe some of that time could of been made up more by better
driving.
        So I say C4's still have a chance to do better. And if u move the stock
C4 vettes to B/S, they'll be at a bigger disadvantage because of the
small and fast '99 miatas.
    Remember the C4 vettes were the reason that Super Stock was invented
in the first place and it first it was basically a Corvette stock class.
Plus the C4 corvettes in the '80's were in B/S to begin with. So to move
them back, would be a dumb idea in my opinion.
    And Paul, the C4 vettes look like there taking over B/SP.  I
autocross a very fast one in B/SP and if u build one up to the B/SP
rules and modifications then they have a chance to win B/SP. My
brother(in the blue '72 vette) beat Scotty White and his '89 C4 by only
.069 seconds and 4 out of the top 7 were C4's at this year's nationals.
        If u think the C4 corvette is the wrong car to have, then think again,
because I think it's one of the best cars to have, especially in BSP!!