Re: Crappy Northeast Drivers

To: Steve Ostrovitz <ostrovi@gateway.net>
Subject: Re: Crappy Northeast Drivers
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 16:44:16 -0400
Steve Ostrovitz wrote:

> Well, you conveniently disregard my second point, which is that even at
> small clubs throughout the Northeast, the quality of the drivers that I've
> run into tends to be high. This, of course, is opinion, and not fact, which
> some people on this list tend to get confused about.

I think the operative phrase here is "that I've run into..." My findings
have been just the opposite.

> Also, as the second largest SCCA region (I believe), NER drivers make for a
> large portion of Northeast drivers.

Yes, NER is a Jumbo region. But none of the other regions in the NE are
that big. I doubt any other region attracts more than 70-80 drivers on a
good weekend.

> New England Region drivers are also a very mobile bunch. On any given Sunday
> NER types are off to New York and other locales outside the NER.

I didn't attend that many NYR autocrosses but I never saw a driver from
the NE.

> I just don't see any support for the argument that this part of the country
> is weak, in any respect.

So one of our opinions must then be wrong? Please reread your own
statement about the difference between opinion and fact.

Paul Foster